• A Brief Look Into The New Trend Of The Music Industry
• Elements Artists Must Employ To Save Their Legacy
• Which Nigerian Artists Would You Feature On A Song To Guarantee A Hit Track?
• Click here to read more factual stories from our homepage
The music industry has become so competitive that staying relevant now requires a lot more than just the basic talent needed to actually make the music.
It is now a thing of the past to make music simply for the love if it.
Business is now very much intertwined with the art that they really can not survive in isolation, without relying on each other at the moment.
As a result, the level of dedication an artist gives to creating music must now equal but never get above that which is required to sustain their legacy or the least get their music heard beyond their immediate acquaintances.
And so, the battle to remain relevant demands that an artist must collaborate with other artists or content creators.
One major reason for collaboration apart from gaining the audience of your collaborator(s) and building your network of affiliates,
is to complement the skills, ideas, styles, genres or better put vibes that they lack on a track or a project.
It is a fact that humans have a very short attention span (8 seconds, according to a study by Microsoft in 2018) and we easily get bored.
So, it becomes inevitable to shake up your sound rather frequently.
Nonetheless, to make a great record, an artist must first consider the impact whoever they want to work with would have on the project
not just clout chasing for big names or collaborating out of familiarity or bond they share with another artist.
To follow that last paragraph, note, big names don’t necessarily make big records.
An unknown upcoming artist can make you a smash hit on a style or instrumentation that they have mastered whereas,
you’d have to literally spoon feed a megastar if they aren’t proficient in that area.
This is where your A&R comes to play a great deal of help.
You’re an artist, Record 1 hit track with $5You can feature at most 3 artists.
- $5 Tiwa Savage – Burna Boy – Davido – Falz – Wizkid
- $4 Tekno – Teni – Peruzzi – Naira Marley – Kizz Daniel
- $3 Zlatan – Wurld – Simi – Runtown – Patoranking
- $2 Johnny Drille – Fireboy – Rudeboy – Rema – Lady Donli
- $1 Seyi Shay – Joeboy – Dremo – Ric Hassani – Ceeza Milli
- $0 Soft – Iyanya – Sinzu – Lyta – Zinoleesky